Welcome to the largest network of college-educated, previously incarcerated professionals in the world.
FICGN boasts over 1,600 members
from across the globe.
We envision a society in which formerly incarcerated people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and offense types pursue their dreams as educated and empowered citizens with valued experiences. We see a world in which we have the rights and opportunities needed to make important contributions to our communities and beyond.
Our mission is to promote the education and empowerment of formerly incarcerated people through a collective community.
Inclusiveness · Diversity · Equity
Human rights · Human potential
Personal growth · Respect Collaboration
We accomplish our mission by
- Strengthening social networks of formerly incarcerated people
- Creating spaces for formerly incarcerated people to share and discuss ideas
- Changing social perceptions of incarcerated and formerly incarcerated people
- Changing incarcerated and formerly incarcerated people’s views of themselves
- Promoting and supporting prison and post-prison education
- Demonstrating the value of our lived experience
- Advocating for criminal justice policy change